Laminate Floors at Direct Sales Floors Carpet One in Castro Valley
When laminate flooring was first introduced back in the 1970‘s it seemed like a poor substitute for the natural flooring materials that it was meant to replicate. However, today, thanks to a variety of technological advancements, various types of laminate flooring are virtually indistinguishable from the natural flooring that they have been designed to replace. Whether you would like the appearance of hardwood or natural stone, you will find a laminate flooring that will suit your needs perfectly.
How Laminate Flooring is Constructed
Laminate flooring has improved so much because of advancements in digital technology and manufacturing procedures. The laminate flooring that came out in the '70's looked and felt like plastic, but today’s laminate flooring looks and feels like the actual building materials that they are meant to replace. This is possible because of the multi-layer manufacturing process.
Laminate flooring is made with three layers of material, each of which functions in a particular way. These three layers are the decorative layer, core layer and base layer. All three layers are then sealed in a melamine resin or Aluminum oxide coating designed to form a protective coating or laminate over the flooring.
- The decorative layer actually consists of a high definition digital photo that is designed to perfectly replicate the look of natural materials at a mere fraction of the cost.
- The core layer provides the give and support that you would expect from hardwood or stone, improving traction and comfort, making your floors safer and more comfortable than ever before.
- The base layer forms a barrier between the original floor boards and the flooring above, protecting and preserving the original floor boards while also reducing the buildup of allergens in your home.
The Advantages of a Laminate Floor
Choosing laminate flooring over other alternatives will provide you with a number of important advantages.
- It's Durable: Today’s laminate flooring is extremely durable. The resin-coated multi-layer construction offers you the ultimate protection from heat, moisture, sunlight and other potential sources of damage.
- It's Easy to Install: Installing a laminate floor is so easy, the entire job will cost only a fraction of having natural stone or hardwood installed in your home and will take your contractor much less time to complete.
- It's Easy to Maintain: Unlike carpets that you need to shampoo regularly, laminate flooring cleans up with virtually no fuss. Laminate flooring can be cleaned using a broom, mop or your preferred dry mop system.
- It's Cost-Effective & Eco-Friendly: Laminate flooring is partially made from recycled materials, making it both environmentally friendly and less expensive. With modern laminate flooring you will enjoy the aesthetic and practical advantages of hardwood and stone flooring without the high price tag.